Christmas Scene

Happy Thursday!
Ellie here today, my turn to share a Whimsy creation with you. If you have followed our blog hop on Monday, then you might remember seeing it.

I did recreate it as I wanted to show you a few photos of how I made it, in case anyone wanted to know. 

Here is a photo before I started with the masks in place (moon and snow on bottom). 


With these masks in place I simply dragged my ink pads over the paper to create the sky. It helps taping it down so it doesn't move while you do this, also turn the paper upside down - this helps so you don't get too much dark ink on the bottom portion. 


As you can  see above, I started inking the sky, but then I remembered that it helped to have the cityscape in place before inking the sky, so I heat embossed the city using black distress ink and clear embossing powder before continuing with the sky.


I added just a little bit of yellow to this sky (I had too much of it on my first card), and also decided to add a little bit of a purple shade. 

The masks are  now removed . I stamped santa and his sleigh and used another mask to create some "snow". 

Here is the finished card again.

Products used:
Christmas Scene Builder by Whimsy Stamps
Distress inks (faded jeans, broken china, victorian velvet, 
mustard seed, black soot)
masks (torn paper for snow, circle punch for moon)
washi tape, sequins, yellow copic

Thanks so much for stopping by! And don't forget about our October Release blog hop. You still have until 12noon ET tomorrow (Friday) to hop along, if you didn't already.

4 comments

  1. WAUW this is so beautiful and sooo cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wat een geweldig mooie kaart zo in winterse sferen
    groetjes corry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shading in the sky. the pinks and yellows really give it added color and depth.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team