12 Days of Christmas Day 10 special guest Kittie Caracciolo - Build a Poinsettia


Good morning.  I love poinsettias!  My mother’s flower shop was always packed with them during the holidays.  I learned my love of floral design from mother and love being able to use my skill to create floral projects on my cards.  I made this card for the Whimsy Stamps 12 Days of Christmas event using the Christmas Branch Die Set and Build a Poinsettia Die Set.  I can’t tell you how much fun I had creating this wreath with the poinsettias and all the beautiful pieces of foliage and berries stems from the branch set. Thank you Whimsy Stamps for asking me to guest for your special event.
KC Whimsy Shapology Christmas Branch Set 1 right
I started by cutting several of all the different foliage and berry sections using green cardstock. I cut the twig sections using Kraft cardstock and I colored them with Antique Linen  ink using a mini applicator.   I applied white and red Nuvo Crystal Drops to the holly and mistletoe berry pieces and set them aside to dry.  I applied several tiny drops of yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops to a piece of non-stick craft sheet to use for the poinsettia centers and set aside to dry.  I cut a 2.50” circle ring using Nestabilities Classic Circles to form the wreath base.  I cut red and green sections of the poinsettias. Each poinsettia has three red and one green section.  I formed the flowers using my stylus and molding pad to add dimension.  Check out my Poinsettia Tutorial if you would like to see more details of how I create my flowers.
KC Whimsy Shapology Christmas Branch Set 1 center
The white card base is 5.50” square.  The red layer is 4.75” square, the white is 4.50” square and they were attached together using ATG adhesive and then attached to the card base using mounting tape.  The wreath ring base was attached to the center of the base using glossy accents.  I started building the wreath base by applying full sections of the holly all the way around the ring and attaching with glossy accents.  Once the holly base was in place I attached the three poinsettias using glossy accents.  I filled in around the poinsettias using smaller pieces of holly and mistletoe attaching them in place with glossy accents.  Once I was satisfied with the fullness of the foliage around the flowers I began tucking the twigs, holly and mistletoe berry sections in between and attached with glossy accents.   I finished by attaching the yellow drops in the flower centers using glossy accents.
KC Whimsy Shapology Christmas Branch Set 1 left
I may have gone a little overboard with the  twigs, holly and mistletoe berries but I love the rustic old-fashioned feel of the wreath design.
Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful day.  Be sure to stop back here tomorrow for another special guest 12 Days of Christmas post.


Card size:  5.50” square
Christmas Branches  Die Set  Build a Poinsettia Die

10 comments

  1. Wow.. gorgeous dimension and details on this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so gorgeous - love the layering on this work of art - just stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, this is stunning, what a beautiful creation, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - STUNNING card Kittie!
    It's not Christmas here without poinsettias and your GORGEOUS wreath is singing Christmas to me - LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
    Feeling INSPIRED and will definitely be searching out the dies you used, Thank You for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card!
    Merry Christmas !🎄🎅⛄

    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! this is an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the dimension and the colors that you chose. WOW! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love anything that Kittie makes! This is gorgeous! So much dimension with the die-cuts! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lovely card card that you have created with the dies! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project, love the dimension created in this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team